Latest Blog Posts
Are YOU a member of YOUR state’s Prois page?! If not it’s time to join the fun! The women in the hunting community are some of the most supportive women you’ll come across. Join your state’s group and share your stories, photos, recipes, questions and score on Prois deals! Find your state in the links below and join!
North Carolina – https://www.facebook.com/groups/proisnorthcarolinaladies/?ref=br_rs
British Columbia – https://www.facebook.com/groups/proisbritishcolumbialadies/?ref=br_rs
South Carolina – https://www.facebook.com/groups/proissouthcarolinaladies/?ref=br_rs
By: Kirstie Pike
CEO/Founder Prois Hunting Apparel for Women
Over the past nine years of this company’s existence, we have created numerous products. Some I love, some I love slightly less even though they are spectacular products. I typically like to design gear around my needs and hope that resonates with our customers. The Elevation Vest remains one of my favorite products we manufacture.
How do I love thee? Let me count the ways…
- This vest has a more streamlined cut and it fits under my jackets better.
- The low profile collar makes layering more comfortable.
- It is lightweight. I find this to be a perfect vest for early season hunts where I may need a little more or a little less. It adds just the right amount of warmth under a jacket in the mornings. It adds just the right amount of core warmth without a jacket.
- I am a huge fan of the Mountain Mimicry pattern.
- It is shorter. While this isn’t something all women prefer, I prefer for the vest to not be so long as to hang below my jacket. It is just optimal layering for my personal tastes.
- I love the small pocket in the back for holding small items that I like to have access to without losing them in the vortex of my pack.
- It has an athletic look and feel to it. It is my go-to vest.
- The fleece lining has a great feel to it.
I prefer this vest for all early season hunts. Additionally, I will use it in my cold, cold season hunts. Here are my layering tips for both hunts…
Early Season…layer the Elevation vest over a nice baselayer, preferably merino wool. Select a mid-weight jacket with windstopper or a rain jacket depending on your climates.
Cold Season…I layer a lot. And I mean A LOT. I start with merino bra, merino tank top then merino shirt. I use the Elevation Vest and cover with the Archtach down jacket. If conditions are very inclement, I will add the XTREME jacket on top. Never been warmer!
Check out the full Prois Line Up at www.proishunting.com
See what the ladies of Prois choose for THEIR adventures! www.proishunting.com
By: Kirstie Pike
CEO Prois Hunting & Field Apparel for Women
The ladies of Prois are getting it done! We at Prois take great pride in surrounding ourselves with amazing ladies from all over the world! We love to share their successes, their stories and their humor! Without these ladies, Prois would not be what it is today!
Hedy Hodges has been a longstanding member of the Prois staff. She hails from Prois’ home state of Colorado which makes her amazing by that fact alone. ; ) Hedy is a wife and mom of two adorable munchkins and still loves Prois even though we are somewhat deplorable. Congratulations, Hedy! Job well done!
This is Hedy’s first buck and if her smile doesn’t tell it all, we aren’t sure what does! Check out what the ladies of Prois wear for THEIR adventures at www.proishunting.com!
The Ladies of Prois are getting it done! Prois Staffer Megan Dehaan takes every opportunity to teach her kids about hunting, wildlife and the hunting heritage. Here is a word from Megan!
“My kids got to come along to retrieve this afternoon. They had so much fun watching and asking more questions. This was the first time they seemed really interested in how the elk died. They really wanted to see all the organs, especially the Heart and it was so much fun teaching them about the “two rooms” inside the elk cavity! It’s so important to teach our kids these things in life!! #fieldtoplate #proiswasthere”
Check out our performance hunting gear for women at www.proishunting.com!