By: Kirstie Pike- CEO and Founder of Prois
It’s safari season again! We shout a resounding “hooray” for all of you gearing up for your African journey! What to wear…what to wear?
The Prois staff put their collective heads together to come up with what THEY think is the best line up for your upcoming hunt!
1. Prois Adventure Pants. These are a must-have for your hunt. They are lightweight and comfortable. Not only do they pack well, they wash well and dry quickly. We suggest the olive for hunting in Africa.
2. Ultra Long Sleeve Shirt and Ultra Short Sleeve Shirt. Both are perfect for safari but make sure you are hunting in a region that allows camouflage. The Ultra shirts wick moisture in the hotter temperatures and breathe nicely as the day heats up. They are lightweight and very packable. Both are available in Realtree AP, Max1 and black. Personally, I used the black options on my recent hunt in Namibia.
3. Pro-Edition Vest. Africa can be cold in the mornings and evenings. Our Pro-Edition vest is perfect for additional core warming. It can be worn alone over shirts or layered beneath a jacket for the exceptionally cool mornings. Again, check to ensure you can wear camouflage in your hunting region.
4. Pro-Edition Jacket. Did we mention it gets cold there? The Pro-Edition Jacket offers a great shell as it is constructed with 3-ply fabric that includes microfleece, windstopper and a soft brushed tricot on the outside. The hood is removable if you are trying to reduce the bulk in your luggage. I personally loved this option on my recent trek to Namibia.
5. Prois Leather Belt and Cartridge Holder. Yes. Although it may not seem like a necessity, I found these products to be life savers. Not only are they extremely functional, they offer that traditional safari look and feel. It felt like a slice of elegance!
Now…go on and get yourself all set for your upcoming adventure! If you utilize our suggested layering system you can minimize the amount of gear you have to tote across the globe! And remember, Prois loves photos of your hunts! Send them our way!